2012 NIBCA University Undergraduate Scholarships
The NIBCA Education Committee has been authorized by the Association Board of Directors to offer an aggregate $30,000 per year in scholarships to college sophomores, Junior and seniors who are pursuing a degree in a construction related field and are planning to begin a career in the Greater Rockford, Illinois area. Maximum scholarships for individual will be $10,000 per year and are renewable. Internships will also be offered with local contracting firms. To fill out an application please click on the link below, type in your information, print, sign, and mail the application with any other rule requirements to NIBCA.
1. Applicant MUST be a second-year student at a two year school who is planning to transfer to a four or five-year program for the fall 2012 term, or a college sophomore, junior or senior in a bachelor degree program. Junior and senior level applicants MUST have one full academic year of coursework remaining at the beginning of the fall 2012 term.
2. Applicant MUST demonstrate a desire to work in NIBCA area.
3. Applicant MUST desire a career in construction.
4. Applicant MUST be a full-time student.
5. Applicant MUST be enrolled or intend to enroll in either an ABET or an ACCE accredited program.
6. Applicant MUST pursue a BS degree in construction or construction-related engineering. A dual degree with construction or construction-related engineering as one part is acceptable.
7. Applicant MUST be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States (i.e. must possess a “permanent resident” card).
Study Subject(s): Construction or Construction-related Engineering
Course Level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Provider: NIBCA Education Committee
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 15, 2011
195 total views, 1 views today