50 PhD Studentships at Kingston University
Kingston University has established an international reputation for high quality, innovative research and is now seeking to make a substantial investment in 50 new PhD studentships available for 2011/12.
The competition for these prestigious research studentships is now open to students who wish to study for a full-time PhD at Kingston University.
Available subject areas
We are looking for students with expertise that matches our areas of research excellence. Applications are invited from qualified individuals in the following areas:
Art, Design and Architecture
- Contemporary fine art practice
- Design practice/design
- Urban spaces and the interior
- Representing migration
- Digital media
- Sustainable property investment
Find out more about research in the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture.
Arts and Social Sciences
- Modern European philosophy
- Culture, media and unconscious
- Cyber fraud
- Early modern literature and culture
- Creative writing
Find out more about research in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
Business and Law
- Small business and entrepreneurship
- Human resource management
- Criminal justice and youth justice
- Environmental law and sustainability
Health and Social Care Sciences
- Long term conditions
- Health exercise and rehabilitation
Find out more about research in the Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences.
Science, Engineering and Computing
- Biotechnology, diagnostics and therapeutics
- Modelling complex physical systems
- Environment and geological sciences
- Materials and nanotechnology
- Wireless communications and applications
- Sustainable energy
- Complex physical systems – dynamics
- Computer vision and image processing
Three different types of studentship are available:
- Stipend plus fees (full-time tuition fees at Home/EU level and a stipend at UK Research Council rates (£15,590pa) for a period of up to three years).
- Fees only (full-time tuition fees at Home/EU level for a period of up to three years)
- Part funded (full-time tuition fees Home/EU level plus a contribution towards a stipend for a period of up to three years)
Applicants should hold a minimum of UK honours degree at 2:1 level or equivalent, though preference will be given to applicants who hold a masters degree.
Only full-time candidates will be considered due to funding constraints.
How to apply
Initial enquiries may be made by email to the Graduate Research School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include:
- a Studentship Application Form (PDF) – form available soon;
- a Reference Form (PDF) with two references – form available soon;
- transcripts; and
- a project proposal of 500–1,000 words.
Applications and references should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Graduate Research School
River House, 53–57 High Street
Kingston upon Thames
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants sending their documents by post are advised to use registered post to ensure delivery by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
Closing date and interviews
The closing date for receipt of fully completed applications is 12.00noon on Monday 20 June 2011.
Interviews will be held between 1 and 15 July 2011.
Application Deadline : 20 June 2011
Visit Official Website.
83 total views, 1 views today
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3