[beasiswa] [info] Overseas PhD Studentships – School of Management University of Bath
‘Overseas’ PhD Studentships
University of Bath – School Of Management
£25,000 per annum for three years from October 2011
To help support the University of Bath’s world-class research environment and to provide doctoral training for outstanding individuals seeking specifically to pursue professional academic careers, the School of Management is seeking applications for its ‘Overseas’ PhD Studentships.
‘Overseas’ PhD Studentships (worth approximately £25,000 per annum for 3 years) are open to international (ie, non-UK/EU) candidates who have both (i) exceptional academic qualifications and (ii) a strong commitment to acquiring a professional research training to become management academics.
Research interests in any field of management will be considered, from exceptional candidates from anywhere in the world (outside the EU), and from any prior disciplinary background. Applications are welcomed from genuinely outstanding graduates who must:
1. Have, or expect to receive before October 2011, exceptionally good academic qualifications (evidenced by either high GRE or GMAT scores, or high GPAs, or high degree classifications, or similar).
2. Are fluent in English.
3. Are strongly committed to, and potentially capable of, high-quality academic research in any of the Subject Groups of the School.
If you are suitably qualified, you should apply directly onlinehttps://secure.bath.ac.uk/prospectus/cgibin/applications.pl, attaching without fail as additional documents ALL of the following:
1. A single document containing each of the following and in this order:-
a) A statement confirming that you are applying for an Overseas PhD Studentship.
b) A statement up to 100 words of why you think you should be awarded a studentship.
c) The names of at least two, but preferably three, School of Management faculty members that you think might be appropriate doctoral supervisors for your research interests.
d) A statement up to 200 words of which Subject Group of the School to which you wish to make a research contribution and why you think you will succeed in making such a contribution.
e) An additional statement up to 200 words of why you want to pursue a career as a professional management academic.
2. An original preliminary research proposal developed and written by yourself.
3. A full academic CV, including all schools, colleges and universities attended, along with all grades and other verifiable evidence of academic ability and achievement, plus any working experience, plus the full contact details of at least two academic referees who will be prepared to give academic references at possibly short notice, and a statement of willingness to be interviewed if short-listed, and proof of English fluency (for non-native English speakers only).
Applications that do not supply all of the above items in full of the three numbered points above will NOT be considered, so do please be sure to send ALL the items requested.
Closing date for applications: 23 December 2010.
To speed consideration of your application, please ensure that you supply all the above documents.
All applicants are advised to view the School’s webpages: http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/
Applicants must be seeking to earn a PhD on a full-time basis and be a new PhD student to the School of Management. Annual continuation of studentships will depend on satisfactory academic performance by holders.
For any queries please contact: Graduate Division, School of Management, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, United Kingdom. Email: email@example.com Tel: 44 (0) 1225 386714/386162.
45 total views, 1 views today