Berikut ini Universitasswasta.com menyajikan informasi tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD Vacancy: Numerical Modelling on Laminated Glass, University of Ghent sebagai berikut:
[beasiswa] [INFO] PhD Vacancy: Numerical Modelling on Laminated Glass, University of Ghent
Barangkali ada yang tertarik dengan posisi PhD Numerical Modelling:
PhD Vacancy “Numerical Modelling on Laminated Glass”, University of Ghent
A PhD vacancy is available in the Mechanics of Materials and Structures research group at Ghent University. The position is a 4-years full-time job with the main activity on numerical research on blast effect on laminated glass.
The aim of this project is to improve the fundamental knowledge on the mechanical response of glass facades to air blast loading and develop an experimental and numerical framework to assess the blast resistance of different concepts of glass facades without the need for many large-scale tests.
The objectives therefore are:
- experimental assessment of the blast response of laminated glass windows for use in large glass facades by widely instrumented small-scale air blast tests,
- numerical modelling of the elastic, breakage and post-failure response of the laminated glass window with advanced finite element techniques,
- large-scale experimental validation of the developed modelling framework for a realistic glass facade construction.
This is a PhD position for pure numerical research, the experimental testing will be done by the other PhD student. So, the PhD candidate should have a strong background in numerical modelling, fracture mechanics and finite elements (if possible cohesive zone methods and/or SPH methods). Finally, it is important to remark that although the research group is mainly working on composite materials, this is a project on laminated glass (and not on composites).
Interested applicants should write a detailed Curriculum Vitae in Dutch or English, containing:
- personal details (name, address, date of birth, nationality,…);
- education, subject of master thesis and degrees;
- work experience (previous jobs);
- additional skills (finite element software, programming languages, communication skills, …);
- mastered languages (Dutch, English, French);
- references (previous projects in the domain, published papers,…).
Application should be sent by post or email to:
Prof. Wim Van Paepegem
Mechanics of Materials and Structures
Tel. : +32-(0)9-331.04.32
Fax : +32-(0)9-331.04.65
Deatiled information is avaiable at http://phdvacancy.com/phd-vacancy-numerical-modelling-on-laminated-glass-university-of-ghent/
382 total views, 2 views today