[beasiswa] [INFO] Scholarship for PhD and Post-Doctoral from Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Apologies for any cross-posting, but hopefully this information would be of
benefit to some.
Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP)
The Programme was launched in 1413H (1992), named â€˜The IDB Merit Scholarship
Programme for High Technology’ (MSP).
2. Objective and Scope
The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human
resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and
outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research
in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of
the member countries.
The Programme offers scholarships for study and research at two levels: (i)
3-year Ph.D. study/ research, and (ii) 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research.
The concept is to assist the needs of the IDB member countries and their
institutions in developing high quality and hi-tech human resources in science
and technology areas that they are lacking but crucial for their development.
4. Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic
* Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral
* Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and
technology in their respective country;
* Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their
proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the
* Demonstrate that the research proposal
has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the
priority development needs of the country;
* Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability
to conduct scientific work in it.
5. Fields of Study
Fields of studies under the programme are determined by the priority needs of
the countryâ€™s development in science and technology sectors and to supplement
the IDB vision 1440H.Â Current focus is thus on the following fields of
Health/medicine, Agriculture/Food production, Water Resources/ Desertification,
Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology, Development-focused ICT, and
pure Science subjects.
6. Place of Study
The selected candidates are to pursue their research and study at the top most
reputable academic and research institutions worldwide.
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
* All academic expenses
* Living allowances
* Health Insurance
* Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
* Conference Participation allowance
* Scientific Paper preparation allowance
* Computer allowance (for Ph.D. only)
* Family allowance (for Ph.D. only)
8. Annual time-table
The Programme is announced through the IDB Governors’ Offices in the countries
concerned by the following annual time-table:
September – Announcement of the Programme
December 31 – Deadline for submission of applications to IDB Governor’s Office
9. How to apply
Downloaded application form for 3-Year Ph.D. Study or application form
for Post-Doctoral Research.Â The applications must be submitted through the
nominating institutions to the Office of the IDB Governor for the country. It is
the Office of the IDB Governor that will forward the applications to the IDB
and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions.Â Applications
sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.
10. Selection procedure
All the applications submitted to the IDB Governor’s Office are to go through
the following process:
1. Screening by the IDB Governor’s Office to forward to IDB the most eligible
2. In-house review at the IDB;
3. Scientific and technical evaluation of eligible applications by a panel of
external reviewers composed of scientists and experts in their fields.
4. Final selection by the IDB.
11. Obligations of the Partners
Candidates awarded the scholarship must:
1. Sign the Surety Bond stating their commitments to studies, to return to
their countries upon completion and resume work in their home institutions;
2. Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time continuous basis and
provide the IDB with periodic reports on their academic
3. Not seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their
studies, unless agreed to in writing by the IDB;
4. Respect the laws of the country of study while maintaining good personal and
professional conducts consistent with the objectives, rules & regulations of the
programme and the overall mission of the IDB as an Islamic institution.
5. To register with the Science Development Network (SDN) for continuous
scientific/professional activities under the patronage of IDB.
2. Nominating Institutions
As a partner in the joint effort with the IDB, the institutions nominating
candidates are expected to:
1. Nominate suitable candidates, assist them in all aspects of the
documentation preparation and in securing the necessary endorsement from the
Office of the IDB Governor for the country.
2. Assist the selected scholars in preparation of their departure for study and
place them on study-leave maintaining their pay-roll status.
3. Help resettle them and support them in their research and equipment needs,
on their return to the institution.
3. Offices of the IDB Governors
As the channel of announcement and initial processing of the applications, the
Offices of the IDB Governors are expected to:
1. Announce the Programme as widely as possible among the scientific and
research communities in the country;
2. Disseminate information and application forms to all relevant scientific and
research institutions and interested scholars in the country;
3. Screen and pre-process applications to ensure eligibility and completion of
documentation against requirements;
4. Pre-select and submit to the IDB only those who are most qualified and in
the proposed fields of study that are most needed for the development of the
12. Community Development Support
To help scholars prepare themselves for their future leading role in the
socio-economic and technological development of their societies and countries,
the IDB also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special
programme called Community Development Programme (CDP) comprising the following
* Post Study Activities (PSA): Since the graduates are the keys to the delivery
of IDB objectives of socio-economic and technological development of their
societies and countries, IDB supports them with a range of activities including
formation of IDB Graduatesâ€™ Associations and monitoring their contribution to
their society, institution and country. The Scholars are facilitated to enlist
their names as consultants/experts for various capacity building and knowledge
transfer programmes in IDB member countries under the IDB Technical Cooperation
* Capacity Building Activities (CBA): The graduates are eligible to participate
in regional Community Development Workshops that are held in different countries
as part of the Capacity Building Activities for partners of the IDB Special
Assistance and Scholarship Programmes.
13. Â Programme Management
The day-to-day implementation of the Programme is undertaken by the IDB
Scholarship Division under the guidance and supervision of the IDB Management.
INFO, TIPS BEASISWA, FAQ – ADS:
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke email@example.comYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
86 total views, 1 views today