Curtin Business School (CBS) Innovation Scholarship 2011, Australia
The Curtin Business School Innovation Scholarship is part of Curtin’s Commitment to innovation and excellence in teaching and research, for the benefit of our students and the wider community. Curtin is renowned for producing innovation and academic excellence that ultimately benefits the wider community. Students applying for the Curtin Business School Innovation Scholarship are required to show insight and creative ideas in relation to their future profession and demonstrate a strong understanding of their chosen course of study.
WHAT THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDES
The Scholarship consists of a $5,000 cash payment per year to assist with costs associated with studying (fees, textbooks, incidental expenses etc) for the normal expected duration of the degree for which the Scholarship is offered.
The University reserves the right to reduce the amount of assistance where applicants are in receipt of other Scholarships.
Students will only be awarded one continuing Scholarship. A continuing Scholarship is defined as a Scholarship that has more than one payment.
The cash payment of the Scholarship will be paid to the student’s nominated bank account in two instalments of $2,500 (pro rata if part-time) per year. First and second semester payments will occur post census dates (thus approx mid-end April and mid-end Sept).
ELIGIBLE BUSINESS SCHOOL COURSES:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Systems) (CUBBC)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Technology) (CUBBC)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Technology & Systems) (CUBBC)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Systems and Logistics and Supply Chain Management (CUBBC)
Curtin Business School courses have a common first year, however to maintain eligibility for this Scholarship a student must enrol in Unit 310410 Systems Analysis and Design 251 or Unit 305458 Business Application Design 201 in the second year of study. If one of these units are not enrolled in and passed, the Scholarship will be cancelled. If the student is eligible for an exemption from this unit, other unit(s) will be identified which the student must pass in 2011.
Students enrolling in a double degree are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for a Curtin Business School Innovation Scholarship:
- Have selected Curtin University as a first preference through TISC to undertake an eligible Undergraduate Business Degree
- Be undertaking the first semester of their first Undergraduate Degree at Curtin University in Semester 1, 2011
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian or Permanent Resident visa
- Be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported place
- An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documentation attached by 4:30pm on Monday 15th November, 2010, to the Scholarships Office at the Bentley campus. Application forms are available on the Scholarships website.
For a list of all documentation required for an application please see Section 6 of the application form.Documents must be certified copies not originals. No other copies (including faxes) will be accepted For details about certification go to
- Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria.
- “Innovation statement”
- Academic merit
- Responses to questions in application
- Receive an offer of a place into an eligible Undergraduate Business Degree at Curtin University in 2011
The Scholarship(s) will be awarded if there is a candidate(s) of sufficient merit.
- All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application in mid-January 2011.
- In order to accept the Scholarship a recipient will be requested to return a signed Terms and Conditions document and provide bank details.
- If a recipient wants to defer their Scholarship they will need to complete the necessary paperwork that will be included with their offer of a Scholarship.
- Once the Scholarship has been accepted, the Scholarship will commence from the first semester of study.
- A Curtin Business School Innovation Scholarship is not transferable to another university or degree.
The Scholarship is available for the normal expected duration of the initial course offered to the successful Scholarship recipient. For example, if the normal expected Undergraduate Degree duration is 600 credits of study, the Scholarship will cover 600 credit points only. Any study that is taken over and above the normal expected duration will be at the student’s expense. No extensions beyond the normal duration of study will be considered except if a recipient continues to an honours year. Recipients will need to contact the Scholarships Office for approval of the extension of their Scholarship.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as but not limited to medical or family reasons students must:
- Maintain a full time study load of a minimum of 100 credits per semester
- Maintain a Course Weighted Average (CWA) of at least 70
- Pass all units attempted
- Remain in initial course of study
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress as detailed above. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the Scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the Scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Manager, Scholarships Office.
CHANGES TO ENROLMENT
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (Scholarships@curtin.edu.au) for approval prior to the change.
Change from full time enrolment: The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect your Scholarship.
Change of course: The Scholarships Office will advise how the change of course will affect your Scholarship.
Leave of absence: The maximum period of leave is 12 months.
Withdrawal from course: A student who withdraws from their course of study prior to census date will become ineligible for continuation of the Scholarship. A student who withdraws from studies after the census date, or has been terminated from studies, will be required to repay to the University the stipend awarded for that study period.
Telephone: (08) 9266 2992
Frequently asked questions: wwww.AskCurtin.curtin.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Code: 00301J (WA) 02637B (NSW)
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
Perth WA 6845
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY 15th NOVEMBER 2010 AT 4:30PM.
77 total views, 1 views today