EMCL: Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship in Clinical Linguistics
The Erasmus Mundus Masters program in Clinical Linguistics (EMCL) is a 24 months full-time interdisciplinary and integrated University program at European level providing training for international students in the fields of:
- Clinical Linguistics
The aim of the EMCL program is to train highly qualified advanced students from the whole world who are excellently prepared for research work and Phd programs in the field of Clinical Linguistics.
Being part of the Erasmus Mundus excellence initiative of the EU, the EMCL consortium is able to offer a limited number of scholarships to candidates (students and visiting scholars) who are admitted to the program.
The scholarships cover all living costs in the host countries. If the scholarship does not include an additional travel grant, the costs for mobility between the institutions have to be covered by this money too. Please note that a health insurance scheme for students is part of the program and covered by the participation costs.
The student scholarships are divided into the categories A and B. There is a variable number of 8-10 scholarships per academic year.
In addition to that, EMCL is also able to offer scholarships for visiting scholars. The number of scholars admitted to the program is usually four per academic year.
Category A is for non-European students. They get €24,000 for the two year program (i.e. €1,000/month) and an additional travel grant in the amount of €8,000.
Category B is for European students. They get €12,000 for the two year program (i.e. €500/month). A travel grant is not included in this category.
In order to complete your application for the program and the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, the following documents are needed (check list; you may check off the respective boxes for your own convenience):
- application form
- two letters of recommendation – please note that we will only accept letters of recommendation that confirm to the common standards: they should be written on the official letterhead of the respective institution, contain the signatures of your referees and should reach us in a sealed and signed (again, by your referee) envelope. Enclose the letters as you receive them from your referees and do not open the envelopes.
- certified copies of your academic curriculum (official transcripts) and a certified copy of your undergraduate degree certificate (please no originals; plus certified translations if the originals are not in English, German, Finnish or Dutch)
- copies of English language test (TOEFL or equivalent) letter of motivation to enroll in the EMCL-program (included in the application form below)
- a copy of your passport or personal ID
- We can only consider your application if all the necessary documents have arrived according to our deadline for application: November 15, 2010, by mail (receipt of application documents).
- If your final degree certificate and final year transcripts are not yet available, you are kindly requested to submit an official provisional degree certificate and transcript or an official letter of your registrar, dean, or academic supervisor, listing the remaining subjects and the prospective grades as well as the prospective final grade average.
- Authentication of all documents will be accepted only if performed by a notary public, by the Embassy or Consulate in your home country, or by the institution that has issued the original document.
- If the documents are not in English, Dutch, German or Finnish, officially authenticated translations have to be added.
Application procedure and contact details
Please note that student applicants do not send their application documents directly to the University of Potsdam or any other university in the consortium, but to uni-assist, an agency specialised in managing applications to German universities.
Any ‘technical’ question about the application procedure itself will only be answered by uni-assist. Any other question related to the EMCL/Erasmus Mundus program itself will be answered by the coordinator in charge. This is the University of Potsdam for non-European applicants and the University of Groningen for European applicants. The addresses can be found on the EMCL homepage www.emcl-mundus.com.
Please also note that applying via uni-assist requires the payment of a non-refundable application fee. The general application fee amounts to € 55, applicants from EU countries are charged € 30 and applicants from the People’s Republic of China who have already undergone the application procedure with the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) in Beijing are charged € 25. Please be aware that uni-assist will only start processing your application after having received the application fee!
If you apply only shortly before the deadline, we therefore strongly advise you to include a document that confirms that the payment has been carried out (e.g. an account statement, confirmation of bank transfer) or to include the credit card payment form availabe in the FAQ-section on the website of uni-assist (address see below) to speed up the processing of your application as much as possible. Late application and delayed payment of the application fee may have as a consequence that your application cannot be considered. Please read through the information on the uni-assist website carefully.
If you wish to apply to the EMCL Erasmus Mundus program, please send your application directly (i.e . c/o) to uni-assist:
University of Potsdam
European Masters in Clinical Linguistics
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Please visit uni-assist’s website (especially the FAQ section) for further information on the general application procedure, payment and contact details etc. in several languages:
50 total views, 1 views today