European Master Scholarship in Space Science and Technology
- If you are interested in Space Science and Technology
- If you want to enhance your chances for a leading position in industry and in research
- If you wish to study in a truly international setting with many opportunities
- If you want a double European Masters Degree
Application deadlines for the academic year 2011-2012:
* 17 January 2011 for both EU and non-EU students
Application fee for the whole Course is 900 SEK
You must submit the following documents once you have completed your online application:
- Cover sheet
- Certificates and diplomas from your previous education (stamped and signed copies)
- Transcripts of completed courses and academic grades (stamped and signed copies)
Please note: If your degree was awarded in Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sudan or the USA, your transcript of record must be sent directly from your university. If you include it in this information packet, it will not be accepted.
In addition, certain countries have specific documentation requirements. If you received your degree from Bangladesh, Cameroon, China, France, Germany, India, Nigeria, Nepal, Pakistan, the Phillipines or the United States, you should follow this link in order to see what your special requirements are:
Link to Country specific documentation requirements (via www.studera.nu)
- Proof of English language skills
Please note: All TOEFL tests must be sent straight from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and reach University Studies in Sweden by the deadline for submitting documents. The institution code is Sweden 9520 and this must be stated.
- A copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph or some other document of identification (stamped and signed copies)
- Curriculum Vitae including academic studies and professional experience
- Recommendation letters in English from two senior experts in your field of studies (stamped and signed copies)
- Compulsory Questionnaire Form, including Application for scholarship and Preferences for the Home University during the second year of SpaceMaster (pdf).
Copies and scanned documents supporting your application must be stamped and signed by the issuing institution, or a notary public. If this is not done, your application will not be processed. Documents should be in the original language, and in officially certified translations into Swedish, English, French or German, if the original documents are in a language other than these or the Scandinavian languages.
Sort the documents in the same order as stated in this list and send them in one envelope to:
University Studies in Sweden
SE-833 83 Stroemsund
Only send one set of documents. Avoid using staplers, paper clips, and documents printed on both sides.
There are two steps to the application procedure:
- Online registration at the Swedish Agency for Higher Education Services www.studera.nu
- Submission of documents to the University Studies in Sweden via post.
Here is a short guide how to proceed with the online registration:
- Create an account at www.studera.nu/aw/toAccount.do?lang=en
- Go to “Course search” and choose “Free text/Code”
- Choose “Autumn term 2011″ and Code “LTU-93202″
- When the course is found, press Add
- Go to “To Application” (upper right corner)
- Follow the directions to apply for LTU SpaceMaster HT11.
When applying for the Course, it is important to remember certain key dates.
1st semester starts 3 October 2011 at JMUW, Germany
- Online service opens: 1 December 2010 for non-EU and EU applicants
- Application deadline: 17 January 2011 (24:00 CET)
- Documents must arrive no later than: 28 January 2011*
- Notification of selection results: Beginning of March 2011
- Deadline for application and deposit for accomodation at JMUW: 10 June 2011
* An applicant shall submit complete documents before January 17, 2011 in order to be considered for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. All applicants are encouraged to submit their documents immediately after registering at www.studera.nu.
If your Diploma or English language skills test cannot meet the deadlines outlined above, you may be admitted under certain conditions, provided that the test is completed by 1 March 2011** at the latest and the Diploma is achieved by 1 September 2011 at the latest.
You must notify, in the submitted documents, whether you need the time extension.
** Note that the English test must be completed at the latest by 17 January 2011 if you are applying for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship
For more information contact Mrs. Anette Snällfot-Brändström via e-mail: email@example.com .
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Erasmus Mundus scholarships will be awarded to students and scholars for each of the five Rounds of SpaceMaster beginning 2010-2014. The scholarships are available for EU and non-EU students. The number of scholarships for each Round will be defined by the EU Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
- EM scholarship amount for Category A* is 32000 EUR (after deduction of the tuition fees for 2 years) and includes:
- contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs of 8000 EUR for two years of studies;
- monthly allowance of 1000 EUR during 22 study months and 2 months internship at a partner university or associate member during the first year
- EM scholarship amount for Category B** is 15000 EUR (after deduction of the tuition fees for 2 years) and includes:
- mobility grant of 3000 EUR for travel to a Third Country partner university;
- monthly allowance of 500 EUR during 22 study months and 2 months internship at a partner university or associate member during the first year
* Category A: students who come from a country other than an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries
** Category B: students who do not fulfill the Category A criteria
Erasmus Mundus Application Limit
Do notice that for the academic year 2011-12, there is a maximum limit of THREE applications per student for Erasmus Mundus Masters Courses, according to the latest Call for Proposals (EAC/04/09). In the case that a student applies to more than three EM Courses he/she will be excluded from the selection for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
- During the second study year, the Consortium provides Erasmus mobility grants for all students who do not have the Erasmus Mundus scholarship from the Consortium and who fulfill the requirements for the grant. Requirements and information about the grant are available here:
- Students from ESA Member States may receive support from the European Space Agency, Directorate of Human Space Flight (pdf, web info)
- Applicants from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden may be eligible for for scholarships from NORDTEK: http://www.nordtek.net/universitet.html
- Non-EU students can apply for scholarships from the Swedish Institute
- Zonta International Programs: Amelia Earhart Fellowships
- Leonardo programme
Category A with EM scholarship 8000 Eur/year
Category A without EM scholarship 140,000 SEK/year
Category B with EM scholarship 4000 Eur/year
Category B without EM scholarship 1300 eur/year
The tuition fees have been calculated on the basis of the current academic and administrative costs for the two-year Course. The tuition fee will be subtracted from the individual EM scholarship. The student will receive his/her EM scholarship, with the tuition fee deducted, on a monthly basis. Students without the EM scholarship should pay the fees at the beginning of each semester.
Students are expected to finance their living, accommodation and travel costs themselves. The participating universities have services for foreign students that can provide assistance in arranging accommodation and other practical arrangements.
Students without EM scholarship are advised to arrange valid insurance in their home countries before starting the SpaceMaster Course.
Application Deadline : 17 January 2011
214 total views, 1 views today