Foreign Press Association Scholarship Fund, USA
The Foreign Press Association has established a scholarship program aimed at encouraging foreign students enrolled in graduate programs in this country to pursue a career reporting on international affairs.
This year a minimum of three scholarships will be awarded, one for $10,000, one for $7,500 and the other for $5,000. The money is to be used for further study in print, broadcast or photojournalism.
Presentation of the awards will be made at the Annual Dinner of the FPA on May 9, 2013.
The deadline for submission of material is December 9, 2012.
- Submit a one-page statement indication how a scholarship will affect your future plans. Indicate if financial aid is needed. List all scholarships and fellowships you have received towards you studies in the United States.
- Submit an Op-Ed piece (maximum 750 words).Prompt:The debt crisis in the European Union has been one of the most important stories of the past year and news organizations have devoted major resources to the daily reporting of developments. For the purpose of this essay, assume that you are a journalist working for a news organization that is determined to do an in-depth article about some aspect of the crisis that has not been adequately covered. Your editor has offered to assign you to spend several weeks on story with ample recources to travel wherever the story leads you.
Write a proposal that explains the story you want to cover. Your proposal should offer a fresh angle and delve into the area for the benefit of the public’s understanding of the debt crisis and its fallout. Your proposal must have a clear angle that defines your story, and important and interesting questions that need answers. Discuss why your story needs to be told.
- Present proof of enrollment in a Graduate program of Journalism.
- Submit two letters of reference:
- From a current professor
- From an editor you have worked for
- Submit only two samples of published or broadcast work. If work is in a foreign language, please send it with an English translation.
- Submit a curriculum vitae. Outline your previous experience in journalism and academic background.
- Only applicants with F-1 and J-1 Visas are eligible for consideration. Provide copy of documentation.
Submit material via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit official website: scrippsjschool.org
280 total views, 1 views today