Berikut ini Universitasswasta.com menyajikan informasi tentang Full PhD Scholarship in Film Studies, University of St Andrews, UK sebagai berikut:
Full PhD Scholarship in Film Studies, University of St Andrews, UK
Department of Film Studies
School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies
FULL PHD STUDENTSHIP – SEPT 2011. In May 2011 we will award one full studentship to an exceptional candidate, to enable them to pursue Film Studies at St Andrews from September 2011.
The award will support three full years of Ph.D. study, and is available to candidates from within or outside the UK/EU. The scholarship will be awarded by competition. Applicants are invited to apply via the Postgraduate Office for a place on the programme, and their applications will be considered for this scholarship along with those of other applicants.
To be eligible prospective students must have been offered a place on the PhD programme.
We may also offer fee waiver scholarships to exceptional applications.
If you wish to be considered for the full studentship, and/or any possible fee waiver scholarships, please simply include a brief statement to that effect with your application.
In addition to your study there are a range of opportunities open to PhD students at St Andrews, typically including teaching undergraduate seminars from your second year onwards, a £300 annual travel fund (subject to annual budget confirmation) for conference travel and other related expenses, an annual £100 library book/DVD fund, experience of organising events like the annual Film Studies Postgraduate Conference and the Study Day (including applying for internal funding), experience giving shorter papers at conferences and longer papers for the Centre for Film Studies, dedicated in-house workshops on various aspects of academic life in Film Studies, etc.
Steps for applying
- Check your eligibility for PhD studies (there are pre-requisites, such as a certain level of education, fluency in English, and so on) to make sure your application is not rejected for formal reasons.
- Present a proposal for PhD research or informally discuss a possible proposal with potential supervisors from within the department.
After an informal arrangement has been reached, it’s time for the formal application. This includes:
- University Application Form;
- Film Studies Application Form;
- A copy of your CV;
- Evidence of qualification;
- Two letters of reference;
- Evidence of fluency in English;
- A brief letter stating that you wish to be considered for any available funding opportunities we may have (if applicable);
- A sample piece of written work (no more than 2,000 words). This should be an academic piece of writing, preferably about film or a related subject. For example, this might be an essay you have previously submitted as part of your coursework, perhaps including references and bibliography as appropriate; and,
- Research Proposal (in English).
The research proposal should typically take the form of:
- A 2000 word précis that provides a more detailed description of your proposed research. This includes:
- Statements on your research question
- Theoretical framework of your study
- References to the relevant literature and cinematic material to be used in your course of work.
Please see the admissions office for general guidance on the application process.
There is no fixed deadline by which proposals must reach us. Proposals can be submitted at any point during the year. However, the optimum time for projects that aim to commence in the month of September is anytime up mid March of that year. This allows time for consideration of proposals not only for acceptance (a process that can take up to six weeks) but also for any available funds, for which decisions are typically made in very early May.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS TO REACH US: 18th April 2011.
Visit official website.
429 total views, 1 views today