Kamran Djam Scholarships, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
Thanks to the generosity of the Fereydoun Djam Charitable Trust there are a number of Kamran Djam scholarships available for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying SOAS students, providing a contribution towards fees of between £3,000 and £13,000 each year for the duration of the award. The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years. The MA is paid for one year (or two years if part-time). The Undergraduate scholarship is paid for one year.Eligible Programmes
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2013/14, studying BA Persian
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2013/14, studying BA Persian and another subject.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies starting in 2013/14
- Full-time MPhil PhD (new admissions only) in the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History starting in 2013/14
- BA Applicants entering their final year in 2013/14 must expect to be awarded a first class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- MA Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- MPhil/PhD applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- For MPhil/PhD & MA applicants only, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at degree results, academic references, statement of intent (for undergraduate and Master applicants) and full research proposal (for MPhil/PhD applicants), and other relevant information.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application by mid-July. If you have not heard from us by mid-July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17.00 (GMT) on 31 May 2013.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- For the MPhil/PhD & MA applicants only, applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Scholarship Application Procedures
A scholarship application pack, which consists of an application form, guidance notes and reference form, is available for download or can be obtained from:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5091/ 5094
For more information, please visit : official website
36 total views, 1 views today