KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Dongguk University, Korea
- Application Form Submission January 30 ~ April 6, 2012 Via post mail or in person
- Announcement of accepted applicants(by Dongguk University) April 13, 2012 to be contacted individually
- Final selection results notice(by NIIED) June 11, 2012 Posted on NIIED website (official website)
- Entry into Korea August 27~August 29, 2012
Eligibility for Application
- The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenships.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1st, 2012(born after September 1st, 1972).
- Academic Background
- Master degree: BA degree holders or those who are expected to achieve BA degree from domestic/overseas universities by August 31st, 2012
- PH.D degree: MA degree holders or those who are expected to achieve MA degree from domestic/overseas universities by August 31st, 2012
- Screening Method. The selection process will be based totally on the review of the application documents.
- Screening Criteria. All documents including the transcript, self-introduction, study plan, certificates of language proficiency (Korean and English), recommendations, published papers and awards, etc. will be evaluated.
Campus Life (Residence Hall)
1. Dormitory (Namsan Haksa)
- Located on the University Campus
- Accommodation Fee: 252,000 won/month(Double Occupancy)
- Meal plan: 100,000 won/40 meals a month
- All KGSP students are given priority over local students for housing.
2. Academic Scholarship
KGSP students will be awarded an additional academic scholarship of 500,000won per semester from Dongguk University if they achieve the highest GPA among the KGSP students.
3. Korean Culture Experience Programs
- Culture experience programs for KGSP students will be offered at least twice a semester.
- A variety of events such as traditional Korean culture experience classes, concerts and excursions to amusement parks etc. will be offered.
4. Buddy Program
KGSP students will be paired 1:1 with a Korean student if they want.
- Appropriate documents should be submitted by the deadline.
- Dual applications are not accepted. Applicants must apply for this program via only one organization.
- Documents should be presented in their original form. Documents not in English or Korean must be accompanied by a complete English or Korean translation authenticated by the issuing institution.
- Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
- Incomplete or incorrect documents may lead to application rejection or failure in the Selection Committee, and scholarship revocation if after entry into Korea.
- In case of submitting photocopied documents, applicants must submit the original to the 1st Selection Organization, and have the original one and the photocopied one collated. The confirmation of collation should be indicated in the photocopied documents.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate from their respective home undergraduate/graduate institutions by September 2012, should submit the certificate (or letter) of expected graduation.
- All successful candidates must take a medical exam. In accordance with the requirements of the Korea Immigration Service and the KGSP Program, the candidates who are judged to be unfit for this program will not be accepted.
- Transferring to a different university is not permitted in any case after confirming the host university. In regards to changing majors, it would be permitted only under the mutual agreement of the departments concerned, with the scholarship period unchanged. However, quitting a program and applying for a new program is not permitted.
- Person in Charge: ImJung Lee
- Address: Service Center for Foreigners (1st floor of Hye-hwa building), Dongguk University, Pil-dong 3-ga 26, Jung-gu, Seoul (100-715)
- Tel: +82-2-2260-8982
- FAX: +82-2-2260-3879
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 26, Pil-dong 3ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-715, Korea
For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
255 total views, 1 views today