Berikut ini Universitasswasta.com menyajikan informasi tentang Lotus, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for South-East Asian Students sebagai berikut:
Lotus, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for South-East Asian Students
Lotus is an Erasmus Mundus Action Two Partnership (EMA2) of European and Asian Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and Associations aiming at fostering mutual enrichment and better understanding between the EU and Asia, through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills at higher education level and to co-operate in the following program activities:
* Mobility of undergraduate and graduate students
* Mobility of PhD students
* Post-doc mobility
* Academic and administrative staff mobility
The types of mobility to be funded are:
* For students: undergraduate, master, doctorate and post-doctorate mobility opportunities
* For academic staff: exchanges for the purposes of teaching, practical training and research
The intention of this project is to give South-East Asian students and staff the possibility to go to a European University to improve, enrich, learn, experience, …. their own knowledge and skills.
Please bear in mind that the scholarships are only granted to South-East Asian students and staff coming to Europe.
The grant covers:
* monthly subsistance allowance
* travel ticket
* tuition fee
Eligibility criteria for students
Asian students who want to participate in mobility to the EU:
* Must be a national of one of the third countries covered by the relevant lot;
* Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries;
* For target group 1 (TGI): students need to be registered at one of the third-country HEIs within the partnership. Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution;
* For target group 2 (TGII): students need either to be registered in a HEI (not included in the partnership) of the third country concerned by the lot or having obtained a university degree or equivalent by an institution of these third countries. They will need to justify how this study period abroad will benefit them (and their direct socio-economical environment) and include letters of support in their individual application;
* For target group 3 (TGIII): students need to be nationals of one of the third countries concerned by the lot and be part of the vulnerable target groups.
* Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.
* No student can benefit from more than one mobility activity in the same project.
* 1000 € per month for undergraduate and graduate students
* 1500 € per month for doctorate students
* 1800 € per month for post-doctorates
* 2500 € per month for academic staff
All grant holders are subscribed to a central group policy. The policy can be found on the website.
Tuition fees/registration fees:
The tuition fees are covered by the project.
One return ticket will be provided by the coordinat
The Lotus project is sustained by a consortium consisting of 20 partner universities: 9 universities from the EU and 11 universities from the South-East Asion Region.
* Ghent University (Belgium)
* Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
* University of Goettingen (Germany)
* University of Sciences Po (France)
* University of Kent (UK)
* Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (The Netherlands)
* Uppsala University (Sweden)
* University of Porto (Portugal)
* University of Lubljana (Slovenia)
South-East Asian Universities:
* Beijing University (China)
* Nanjing University (China)
* Sichuan University (China)
* Can Tho University (Vietnam)
* Hanoi University of Science and Technology (Vietnam)
* Hue University (Vietnam)
* University of Health Sciences Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
* University of Gadjah Mada (Indonesia)
* Bandung Institute of Technology (Indonesia)
* West Yangon Technological University (Myanmar)
* Thammasat University (Thailand)
Deadline: September 30th, 2010
436 total views, 2 views today