Ouseley Memorial Scholarship 2012 for Research Degree Programs at SOAS
This bequest was made to the University in 1891 to encourage the study of “Arabic, Persian, Hindustani and other Oriental languages”. There is one scholarship available, valued at £6,000 (for one year only). The scholarship may be used to off-set tuition fees or for living expenses.
* Any full-time research degree programme which involves research that requires the use of any Middle Eastern or Asian language.
* Part-time programmes are not eligible. Candidate Criteria
* Applicants intending to commence a full-time research degree in 2012/13 and those who are enrolled in their first year or second year of full-time a research degree programme in 2011/2012 are eligible to apply for the award.
* To be eligible to apply, candidates must at the time of application:
1. be a holder of a first degree of the University of London awarded with First Class Honours or with Second Class Honours, Upper Division, together with a Master’s degree, the latter not necessarily being awarded by the University of London, or
2. be a holder of a Master’s degree of the University of London awarded with a mark of Distinction, but not necessarily a first degree of the University of London in which case there is no restriction as to the classification of the first degree, or
3. be a holder of a Master’s degree of the University of London together with a first degree with First Class Honours, the latter not necessarily being awarded by the University of London.
* Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
Study Subject(s): Arabic, Persian, Hindustani and other Oriental languages
Course Level: Masters
Scholarship Provider: School of Oriental and African Studies
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 January 2012
Visit Official Website
42 total views, 1 views today