PhD Positions in Islamic Studies at Inter-University School for Islamic Studies (ISIS), Netherlands
ISIS ( Inter-university School for Islamic Studies) is a national research institute for the study of Islam and Muslim societies, in which eight Dutch universities participate. Leiden University is administratively responsible for ISIS.
5 PhD positions in the profile area Islam and Muslim societies
vacancy number: 10-113
In the coming six years (2010-2015) ISIS has made available special funds to build an integrated interdisciplinary thematic profile area which focuses on lslam and Muslim societies. One of the main aims is to integrate and mobilize the knowledge and expertise in the field.
The Ph.D. candidates will be appointed at the participating university with which the supervisor is affiliated.
Conditions of employment
* The positions are 1,0 fte for 4 years (or 0,8 for 5 years).
* The Ph.D. candidates will be appointed initially for eighteen months at the in ISIS participating university with which the promotor is affiliated. At satisfactory performance during that period, the appointment will be renewed for another two and a half years. Remuneration will be
* € 2,042 gross per calendar month in the first year, increasing to a maximum of
* € 2,612 gross per calendar month in the fourth year is in accordance with current pay scales as indicated in the ‘CAO voor Nederlandse Universiteiten’.
* You will also receive a end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of your yearly income.
* Candidates should hold a MA degree or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with a MA in the Humanities, Social sciences or Theology with a specialisation in the field of Islam and Muslim societies.
* Outstanding research qualities manifest in a high-quality MA thesis or equivalent.
* Excellent command of English
Applicants, with an MA degree in a relevant field and proficiency in English, are asked to submit a concrete interdisciplinary research plan.
The applications procedure will consist of two rounds. In the first round a selection will be made based on a short research proposal of maximum 1000 words. Those who are selected will be asked to write a full research proposal of maximum 5000 words. The full proposal has be accompanied by two reference letters. An interview may be part of the selection procedure.
First round reactions before 14 June 2010:
* Letter of applications
* Fact sheet
* Short Research Proposal (maximum 1000 words)
Second round reactions before 15 August 2010 (only for those invited):
* Two reference letters
* Full research Proposal (maximum 5000 words)
Letters of application can be sent by post or email (preference) to the address below, and should reach our office no later than 14 June 2010. Please quote the vacancy number in your application. Adress:
Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen
Afdeling Personeel en Organisatie
2300 RA Leiden
For further information please contact Dr. P. de Bruijn email@example.com or 0031 071 5272592
109 total views, 1 views today
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3