PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student with interest in solar energy conversion in nature and in the next generation of solar cells.
As part of a internationally successful research group in biochemstry/biophysics you will drive a project with the overall goal to visualize molecular structural dynamics. Located at the interface of chemistry, physics and biology this includes the study of structural dynamics in photosynthetic proteins and organic solar cells using time-resolved X-ray scattering and spectroscopy techniques.
Training will be in state-of-the-art methods in membrane protein biochemistry, X-ray crystallography/spectroscopy and computational analysis.
This third cycle education will lead to a Ph.D. in Natural Sciences, or Natural Sciences with a specialisation in Chemistry and comprises four years of full time study at the post graduate level. The time period can be extended to up to five years in total through teaching and/or other departmental duties.
To fulfil basic requirements for PhD-education you must have:
- Higher education degree at advanced level
- At least 240 higher education credit points of which at least 60 must be at advanced level
- Acquired the corresponding knowledge nationally or internationally through other means
Research experience in biochemistry, biophysics, or spectroscopy will be considered as a merit. The project is performed in collaboration with international partners. Thus, excellent communicational and organizational skills are also considered a plus.
Criteria : The following selection criteria will be used:
- Merits from education at basic level
- Merits from education at advanced level
- The earlier educations relevance to the PhD research area
- The applicants ability to perform and learn from PhD-studies
- The applicants ability to work in a research group
For further information, please contact
Head of department, Gunnar Nyman e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
tel: + 46 (0)31- 786 9035
- CV, copies of academic grades
- exam/diploma work or related documents
- other relevant documents
- letter of recommendation
Name of two referees (with name, contact details and relationship to applicant stated)
Please send the application as a PDF-file to email@example.com
or by post;
Applications should be addressed to:
University of Gothenburg
Department of Chemistry
Att Malin Skoog
SE 405 30 Gothenburg
Mark the application with reference number: U 2011/63
The application must be received no later than 21th of March 2011
193 total views, 2 views today