Berikut ini Universitasswasta.com menyajikan informasi tentang PhD Studentship in Computer Vision and Robotics at Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany sebagai berikut:
PhD Studentship in Computer Vision and Robotics at Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany
With 4400 staff members Forschungszentrum Juelich is the largest interdisciplinary research centre in Germany focusing its research in the fields of health, environment and energy, and information technology.
The Institute for Chemistry and Dynamics of the Geosphere – Phytosphere (ICG-3) investigates dynamic processes in plants and their interaction with dynamic environments.
The Quantitative Image Processing Group at ICG-3 seeks for a PhD Student (Computer Vision and Robotics) to begin work on a three-year PhD project. The group develops algorithms and methods for image-based plant measurements. Algorithms to be developed generally analyze multidimensional signals, in particular multichannel or multi-camera image sequences. This includes e.g. 3d reconstruction of deformable objects for measurement of the surface expansion of plant leaves, stereoscopic robot vision, diffusion-like methods for noise reduction, or reconstruction of diffusion tensor MRI-data. Methods applied start with suitable physical modeling of the acquired data, e.g. by PDEs, optimized discretization, variational and other energy minimization methods, Bayesian inference or channel representations.
* Solving a challenging task in a highly motivated, multidisciplinary team
* Development, implementation, and validation of computer vision algorithms
* Setup of lab experiments for the acquisition of test data
* Presentation of results on international conferences and in scientific journals
* M.Sc. (or equivalent) in computer science, physics, mathematics, or a related discipline with a good final grade. Experience in pattern recognition, signal or image processing, automation and robotics is advantageous.
* Interest in numerical/theoretical problems as well as a solid mathematical background
* Good programming skills, especially in C/C++, CUDA, and Matlab are desirable
* Good command of written and spoken English, as well as excellent technical and organizational skills
* Willingness to communicate research results and to interact within an interdisciplinary and international research environment is expected.
For more information visit our website:
and/or contact: Dr. Hanno Scharr, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of the PhD fellow will be based on salary grade 13/2 Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD). Depending on the candidate‘s profile and the subject of his/her PhD thesis an additional allowance may be granted.
The implementation of equal opportunities is a cornerstone of our staff policy, for which we have received the TOTAL E-QUALITY Award. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
Please send your application with the relevant documentation, quoting the reference code D039/2010, to:
Institut für Chemie und Dynamik der Geosphäre (ICG-TA)
Mr. K. Beumers
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Application Deadline : 30 June 2010
298 total views, 2 views today