Postgraduate International Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
This scholarship is offered to international (non-EU) applicants for BU postgraduate degrees beginning in September 2011 and January 2012. You will be eligible to apply for a BU Postgraduate International Scholarship if you can demonstrate an outstanding academic profile relevant to your course. An outstanding academic profile is one which is considered to be equivalent to a UK 1st class Honours degree as assessed by NARIC.
Which nationalities may apply for this scholarship?
All applicants paying fees at the ‘international’ (non-EU) rate are eligible to apply.
To which courses does this scholarship apply?
Applicants for all taught full-time postgraduate (Masters) courses in the following Schools may apply:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- School of Health & Social Care
- School of Tourism
How many scholarships are awarded annually?
- School of Applied Sciences – 10 scholarships
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – 10 scholarships
- School of Health & Social Care – 10 + 2 scholarships
- School of Tourism – 10 scholarships.
How much is the scholarship worth?
The value of each scholarship will depend on the course as follows:
- School of Applied Sciences – (£1,500)
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – (£1,000)
- School of Health & Social Care – (10 x £1,000 and 2 x £3,000)
- School of Tourism – (£1,000).
How is this scholarship paid?
Scholarships are paid by a reduction in tuition fee or by cheque.
What are the criteria for this scholarship?
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to UK 1st Class Honours degree as assessed by NARIC)
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Other information about this scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2011 for entry in September 2011 and 30 November 2011 for entry in January 2012, although you can apply at the same time or after you have submitted your course application form.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
The successful applicants will be notified within four weeks of the decision being made.
askBU Students Service
For more information, please visit official website.
141 total views, 2 views today