Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students, Newcastle University, UK
Scholarships are available for international (non EU) postgraduate students at Newcastle University – UK, starting their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. Scholarships are available for postgraduate taught degree at Newcastle University. For candidates applying for a degree within the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, or the faculty of Medical Sciences, they must hold IELTS 7.0 and a first class Honours degree. For candidates applying for a degree within the faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering, they must hold IELTS 6.5 and an upper-second-class Honours degree.
Level of Education
Scholarships available only for postgraduate Masters and MRes courses.
Subjects or Fields of Study
Scholarships available for the following faculties:
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering
Amount of Scholarships
This is a partial scholarship. The scholarships are valued at £2,000 and will be credited to your tuition fee account. Part-time students will receive pro-rata.
Duration of Scholarships
Scholarships only available to new students starting their studies September 2016 for 1 (one) year only. For students studying 2 year Master degree, the scholarships will be tenable for your first year only.
The eligibility criteria as follow:
- This scholarships only available for new students starting their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. Continuing students are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have been classified as international / overseas students. Students form UK & EU are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have been offered a place on any postgraduate taught degree.
- Students applying within the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, or the faculty of Medical Sciences must hold IELTS 7.0 and a first class Honours degree.
- Students applying within the faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering must hold IELTS 6.5 and an upper-second-class Honours degree.
- Students must not hold other fully-funded scholarships such as Chevening scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships, etc. Students breaching this regulation will have their scholarship award suspended and the University will recover any previous payments.
- Students may hold only one scholarship in any academic year. Students offered more than one scholarships must choose the one most appropriate.
Number of Scholarships Available
Scholarships only available for international (non UK & EU) students.
Other than the eligibility criteria mentioned above, Newcastle University will consider each individual application on merit and allocate the scholarships based on its strategic geographical priorities.
How to Apply
You must apply through their online electronic application form. Please make sure you read the regulations carefully before applying.
The closing date is May 27, 2016.
Please contact the Newcastle University – Student Wellbeing Service (Financial Support) for more info about the result.
For further info please visit official website: www.ncl.ac.uk.
4 total views, 1 views today