Berikut ini Universitasswasta.com menyajikan informasi tentang Scholarships in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence at Erasmus Mundus (IT4BI) sebagai berikut:
Scholarships in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence at Erasmus Mundus (IT4BI)
Erasmus Mundus (IT4BI) Scholarships in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence. Since its inception 20 years ago, Business Intelligence (BI) has become a huge industrial domain and a major economic driver, however overlooked by academics. It encompasses many scientific and technological fields including data warehouses, data mining, content analytics, business process management, visual analytics, and requires competences in information systems, web science, decision science, software engineering, and innovation and entrepreneurship. The European Master`s Programme in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence (IT4BI) is designed to provide understanding, knowledge and skills in this broad scope of fields. Its main objective is to train computer scientists who understand and help develop the strategies of modern enterprise decision makers.
Presentation & Structure
The program favours the integration of students into a network of specialists and researchers in BI. The curriculum is jointly delivered by Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) in Belgium, Université François Rabelais Tours (UFRT) in France, Ecole Centrale Paris (ECP) in France, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Spain, and Technische Universität Berlin (TUB) in Germany. Scholars from academic partners around the world and partners from leading industries in BI, private R&D companies, service companies, public research institutes, and public authorities will contribute to the programme by training students, providing computers, software, course material, job placement or internship perspectives, as well as financial support. This consortium will prepare the graduates not only to answer today`s professional challenges by a strong connection with the needs coming from the industry, but also to pursue their studies into doctorate programs, through strong connections with the researchers` and innovators` views.
Degree Awarded and Accreditation
The programme relies on nationally recognised degrees included in each HEI catalogue, namely:
- ULB: Master of Science in Computer science and engineering
- UFRT: Master Sciences et technologies, mention Informatique, spécialité Systèmes d`information et analyse décisionnelle
- UPC: Master Degree in Information Technology
- ECP: Master Sciences de l`ingénieur, mention Mathematiques appliquées et sciences de l`information, spécialité Ingénierie des connaissances
- TUB: Master of Science in Informatik
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be awarded with a multiple degree, the nationally recognised master`s degrees from ULB, UFRT and the university of the specialisation.
Université Libre de Bruxelles – Belgium
- Université François-Rabelais Tours – France
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – Spain
- Ecole Centrale Paris – France
- Technische Universität Berlin – Germany
To apply to IT4BI, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They have been awarded a Bachelor`s degree (i.e., the equivalent of 180 ECTS) with a major in computer science, from an accredited university.
- They must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The consortium will rely on how certification bodies evaluate their own equivalences against this framework, e.g., Cambridge General English FCE, IELTS (General Training or Academic) 5.5 (with no individual score below 5.5), TOEFL (paper based) 570, TOEFL (computer based) 230, TOEFL (internet based) 88, etc.
Candidates are required to apply via the IT4BI online application form.
The following documents will have to be attached to the application form:
- Certified copy of Bachelor`s degree, and translation in English;
- Transcripts, and translation in English;
- A certificate or proof of English proficiency (e.g., paper-based TOEFL > 580);
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to join IT4BI, and the mobility scheme chosen (in English);
- Letters of reference (in English);
- Proof of contracts;
- A recent passport photo;
- A copy of your passport.
Are scholarships available?
The Erasmus Mundus programme provides EU-funded scholarships to students who have been selected by the consortium. The scholarship amount is €24,000 per year for non European students and €11,500 per year for European students.
Who can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship?
Two categories of scholarships are available:
Category A Scholarships: they can be granted by the Consortium to non European students. Category A scholarship is 24,000 euros per year.
Category B Scholarships: they can be granted by the Consortium to European students.
Category B scholarship is 11,500 euros per year.
What does the Erasmus Mundus scholarship cover? Do Erasmus Mundus scholarships cover all expenses?
Erasmus Mundus scholarship are meant to cover tuition fees, participation costs (including insurance coverage), contribute to cover travel cost and installation cost, and include a monthly allowance. More precisely: An Erasmus Mundus Category A scholarship covers tuition fees and allows to cover all expenses that students normally face during their studies (i.e., 1000€ per moth plus a lump-sum of 8000€, for installation). An Erasmus Mundus Category B scholarship covers tuition fees and provides a finantial contribution to the student`s costs while following the master (i.e. 500€ per month plus a lump-sum of 3000€, for installation).
Are European students eligible to Erasmus Mundus scholarships?
Yes, European students, i.e., students from the 27 EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, can apply to Category B scholarship.
Are scholarships available for scholars?
Yes, the sholarship is € 1 200 / week for a minimum duration of 2 weeks and a maximum duration of 3 months per scholar.
What does the scholarship cover?
Travel cost contribution, Additional allowance (depending on the length of academic exchange)
Students applying for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship: January 2nd, 2012.
Professor Esteban Zimányi
Computer and Decision Engineering (CoDE)
avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 50
BE – 1050 Bruxelles
Visit Official Website
370 total views, 1 views today