The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award aims to further the education of an eligible female postgraduate student. The award offers a scholarship to meet expenses associated with a doctoral degree or Master by Research. The award will be offered biennially.
Frequency: Once only
Certified copies of each of the following;
- Final undergraduate transcript, research proposal approval letter.
- Australian citizenship certificate or birth certificate.
- A statement of support from the applicant’s supervisor.
- Applicants who have presented conference papers, or published journal articles, whether or not connected with current research, should submit copies of these items with evidence of peer review, if applicable.
- The successful applicant will be notified by mid December.
- The award will be presented at a function of the Karrakatta Club, to be held in the year following selection.
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a report in writing on their work to the members of the executive of the Karrakatta Club, and may be invited to address members of the Club.
- Academic merit
- Research experience
- A female student currently enrolled in a doctoral degree, or a Master by Research at Edith Cowan University, has completed the first year of the degree and has gained formal approval of research proposal.
Level of study:
- Higher degree research (including Masters by Research)
- Australian citizen
Send your completed application for the Dame Mary Gilmore Award to:
The President, The Karrakatta Club
4 Sherwood Court PERTH WA 6000
- Applicants will be judged on the merit of their application.
Application opening date: September 2011
Application closing date: November 2011
Mr Brian Wallis
Secretary, Karrakatta Club
Telephone: (08) 9325 8111
226 total views, 1 views today