Three PhD Scholarship Positions in Demography
in history, anthropology or anthropological demography (PhD project 1) or a (Research) Master’s degree in history, demography, sociology or economics (PhD projects 2-3);
• a strong statistical background (PhD projects 2-3) or experience with oral history or ethnographic research and interpretative methods (PhD project 1);
• an outstanding record of undergraduate and Master’s degree work;
• excellent writing and speaking skills in English;
• proficiency in other European languages is considered an advantage.
Conditions of employment
Employment: 0,8 fte
The gross starting salary is €2,042 per month based on full-time employment.
Duration of the contract: 4 years and 3 months.
Additional conditions of employment
You will be offered an initial contract for 18 months with the possibility of extension by 2.8 years. The sub-projects will start on September 1st, 2011.
• a cover letter (including motivation for project 1, 2 or 3);
• a CV;
• transcripts of your qualifications to date (degrees and grade lists);
• two writing samples: a chapter from your Master’s thesis and a forthcoming or published article or presented conference paper;
• two referees.
Radboud University Nijmegen is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands, renowned for its leafy campus, modern buildings, and state-of-the-art equipment. It has seven faculties and enrolls over 17,500 students in approximately 90 study programmes. The university is situated in Nijmegen, the oldest city in the Netherlands, close to the German border, on the banks of the river Waal. Nijmegen has a rich history and its city centre is one of the liveliest in the Netherlands.
Your research will be embedded in the institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS) at the Faculty of Arts within the theme “Public and private lives: The history of politics and human life courses, see: Official Website. You will be based at the Department of History, where the project is part of the department’s research programme “LIFE. The socio-cultural realities of human life courses in East and West”.Visit Official Website.
Dr Hilde Bras, principal investigator
Telephone: +31 24 3655983, +31 6 83082001
You can apply for the job (mention the vacancy number 23.09.11) before 15 May 2011 by sending your application -preferably by email- to:
Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen, Faculty of Arts,
P.O. Box 9103, 6500 HD Nijmegen, NL
Telephone: +31 24 3612916
Faculty of Arts
Vacancy number: 23.09.11
Closing date: 15 May 2011
Application Deadline : 15 May 2011
Visit Official Website.
130 total views, 1 views today