Graduate Women Scholarship for Non-Japanese to Study in Japan (NJG) 2011
2 scholarships, ¥2.0 Million each
The NJG Program supports graduate study in Japan for non-Japanese women who are enrolled in graduate degree programs at Japanese universities.
- Applicants must be non-Japanese, non-permanent resident women who will be enrolled in a degree program with a graduate school of a Japanese university from April 2011 to March 2012.
- Applicants must be residing in Japan for study purposes at the time of application. Individuals currently studying or living abroad are ineligible. We regret that we are unable to accept applications from outside Japan.
- Applicants must have adequate ability to speak and write in both Japanese and English.
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.0 million from any other scholarship foundation or from company scholarship programs (kigyo ryugaku) are ineligible. Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study will be excepted from this limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ are ineligible.
Obtaining the Application
Application forms are available ONLY from the CWAJ website. The forms are in PDF format. You need Acrobat Reader 5 to read and print the downloaded forms.
Note that if your Acrobat reader is an earlier version, for example Acrobat Reader 4, you may not be able to read the applications correctly.
- Download the NJG Scholarship Application Form
- Download the Japanese Language Instructions for Completing the NJG Scholarship Application Form
Submitting the Application
All applications must be written in English.
The Application Package
- Include your application forms and the other required documents. Write “NJG Application” on the envelope and send it by post. Do not send by yubin kakitome (registered mail) or takuhaibin.
- Incomplete applications or applications submitted without the required number of copies cannot be considered.
- Please do not send extra documents. The scholarship committee will consider only the documents we request.
Please also note the following:
- We do not accept applications via e-mail.
- We will not return any of the materials you send us.
PERIOD OF ACCEPTANCE:
Applications must be postmarked during the following period:
Tuesday, October 12 through Tuesday, October 26, 2010.
Completed applications must be mailed to the address below.
CWAJ SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE NJG PROGRAM
Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0021
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held during February in Tokyo. You should plan to be available during that time. You will be notified at least two weeks in advance if you have been selected for an interview. The interviews will be conducted in both English and Japanese. Applicants will be notified of the results in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not discuss its decisions.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese only to firstname.lastname@example.org
123 total views, 1 views today