Joint European Master (MISOCO) in International Migration and Social Cohesion, Netherlands
The general aim of the Master programme in International Migration and Social Cohesion is to educate students and create dialogue among students, professionals and policy makers who will understand advanced theories, techniques, and methodologies in the field of Migration Studies, and who will be able to translate perceived societal problems into relevant social scientific research questions and to contribute to the solution of such problems by combining insights from fundamental social theory joined with substantive theories.
More specifically, the programme seeks to explore the critical elements of international migration and the incorporation of immigrants in the society of destination.This Master is unique to Europe and unique in the countries and the institutions (both EU and third-country) which participate in the Consortium, a unique opportunity to bring together those who have an interest in creating a shared outlook for Europe in terms of migration studies. All the partner universities not only teach but actively research various migration-related issues, thus being able to offer students state-of-the art knowledge in respective specialization areas.
The MISOCO Mundus Master’s has been designed for people working or intending to work in the field of migration and social cohesion; regardless of their race, gender, religion, age, and/or geographical origin.
Candidates are chosen on the basis of the quality of their education and professional background, their experience in and concern for migration issues, their multicultural sensitivity, and their linguistic abilities.
All applicants must follow the joint application procedure as established by the MISOCO consortium. Admission may be granted to applicants who meet the following common admission criteria:
- Candidates must have obtained, as a minimum, a Bachelor Degree (with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of University Studies) in Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology or another social science discipline (in this case the study transcripts have to demonstrate sufficient credits in Social science theory and research methodology). Minimum grade average of B (ECTS system), B+/A-/3.5 (American system), First class Honours degree (British system) or 7.5 (Dutch system).
- All non-native speakers of English applaying to MISOCO are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who are nationals of countries other than the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland or New Zealand are required to submit an English test score that meets specific requirements: TOEFL (550-600 paper, 215-250 computer and 93 internet) or IELTS (6-7) Certificate.
- Practical experience in the area of migration in governmental, inter-governmental, and/ or non-governmental organisations and institutions is valued.
- Completed applications received.
The selection committee takes into account the following:
- Type and level of academic qualifications.
- Level of motivation and concern for humanitarian issues.
- Level of language abilities.
- Type and level of research experience.
- Type and level of professional experience.
Application Procedure: Step-by-step instructions
- ALL APPLICATIONS for MISOCO Mundus Master’s MUST be made online at the MISOCO APPLICATION FORM ON-LINE
- LOOK AT the online application and prepare all the data that you are asked to provide for each section of the form, and all the documents that you must attach to your application.
- READ carefully the criteria to determine whether you are eligible to apply for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (Description of eligibility criteria for an EM scholarship: nationality, 12 month rule for non-European scholarship, 3 EMMC’s max, non EMMC scholarship holder previously)
- FILL IN the APPLICATION FORM ON-LINE , completing each and all the sections as requested.
- ATTACH all compulsory documents:
- Copy of international passport (Only main page(s)).
- Certified copy of Diploma (if this document is not in English then you must attach an official translation) and, if available, diploma supplement.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae in English (Europass model: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/ )
- Official proof of language abilities (where applicable).
- 2 reference letters.
Coordinator of Consortium
Prof. Dr. J.C Rath
Ms. Emilie van Tol
University of Amsterdam
Prins Hendrikkade 189-B
1011 TD Amsterdam
226 total views, 1 views today