International Master Scholarships in Early Childhood Education and Care (IMEC) 2011
Erasmus Mundus: International Master in Early Childhood Education and Care (IMEC) for International Students
International Master in Early Childhood Education and Care (IMEC) is a two-year international Master Programme (120 ECTS) in Early Childhood Education and Care. All students will follow a given structure, spending at least one semester at all three partner institutions.
IMEC is offered in cooperation between Oslo University College (Norway), University of Malta (Malta), and Dublin Institute of Technology (Ireland).
The aim of the programme is to integrate research, professional development and wareness and knowledge of key policy issues at an advanced level by increasing mobility, shared learning and thinking, thus contributing to achieve the goal of a unified teaching, learning and research environment, strengthening the Bologna process.
- To integrate research, professional development and policy at an advanced level within the field of early childhood education and care.
- To gain knowledge of the tension between general policy targets, the increasing diversity of family structures and the need to strengthen children’s right as citizens.
- To bridge the gap between quality provision and the lack of higher education and research within the field of early childhood education and care.
- To explore the increasing pressure on early education and care systems arising from socio-economic and socio-cultural transformations, to focus not only on educational institutions but on children’s early learning in a broad variety of formal and informal learning contexts.
- To foster critical awareness of cultural and individual diversity from a political and professional perspective.
Deadline for application is 1st November 2010 for third-country applicants. For a definition of who falls under the third-country applicant definition, please see the left menu “prospective students” and then “admission”.
Deadline for European students is 15th December 2010.
Further scholarship details:
224 total views, 1 views today