Master and PhD Scholarships at Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology (SIAT)
Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science (hereinafter referred to as “SIAT”), offers 8 Master`s Degree programs and 2 PhD Degree programs to international students. The duration of a Master program is 2-3 years, and a PhD program 3-6 years. A degree certificate and a graduation certificate will be awarded to those who have completed the prescribed courses and passed thesis/dissertation defense. All the programs are offered in English.
Entry Requirements Applicants to Master programs should:
- have obtained a bachelor`s degree from a recognized institution, or an equivalent qualification; and
- satisfy SIAT`s requirements on physical fitness for pursuing the postgraduate program.
Applicants to PhD degree programs should:
- normally have obtained a master`s degree from a recognized institution, and
- satisfy SIAT`s requirements on physical fitness for pursuing the postgraduate program. Language Requirements:
- Students enrolled at SIAT can choose to take all courses and conduct research activities in English only, or in Chinese (Mandarin). Knowledge of the Chinese language is not required. Applications with TOEFL or IELTS records (within two years from the examination date) are preferred.
List of Master and PhD Programs
- physical chemistry (0101)
- biochemistry and molecular biology (0102)
- signal and information processing (0103)
- pattern recognition and intelligent system (0104)
- computer application technology (0105)
- materials engineering (0106)
- electrical and communication engineering (0107)
- control engineering (0108)
- computer technology (0109)
- biological engineering (0110)
2. PhD Degree Programs
- pattern recognition and intelligent system (0201)
- computer application technology (0202)
- The completed application form for Admission of International Students (please download from official website). The photo adhered on the application form must be identical with that on the passport.
- Personal statement. Applicants to PhD programs should also submit a research proposal.
- A certified or notarized copy of the degree certificate, a certified or notarized copy of the academic transcript, and an officially sealed original copy of the academic transcript. Notarized translations to English or to Chinese of the degree certificate and the academic transcript are also required, if they are in a language other than English and Chinese.
- Two recommendation letters from academics at the level of associate professor or above. The letter must indicate the referee`s phone number and email address.
- Copy of the page with personal information in the passport. None of the above application documents will be returned.
Step 1: Online application
All the applicants are required to submit their prepared materials listed above 1-2 in electronic format to email@example.com, with a formatted title of “Name+Country+Program Code+Supervisor”. (e.g.”John+Thailand+0101+Prof. XYZ ”). The program codes can be found from section 3. List of Master and PhD Programs.
Step 2：Submission of Application Documents
The applicants are required to submit the original application documents listed above 1-5 to Graduated Students Office, SIAT, by express mail.
Step 3: Review and Interview
The admission committee of SIAT will evaluate the application documents and shortlist applicants for further examination or interview. The shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Step 4: Admission
SIAT will admit applicants who pass examination or interview, and are approved by International Student Admission Committee. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China, and Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners will be issued.
SIAT will provide a certain amount of scholarship to the admitted applicants to cover their living expenses. (Unit : RMB Yuan/Month )
- PhD Candidate : 3,800.00
- Master Candidate : 3,300.00
- Undergraduate : 2,300.00
The applicants may also apply for quarterly bonus scholarship with the recommendations from their supervisor for their excellent research work. But the number of recommended applicants is limited.
Applications for the program can be made throughout the year.
Graduate Students Office,
ShenZhen Institutes of Advanced Technology,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Add: 1068 Xueyuan Avenue, Shenzhen University Town, Shenzhen, P.R.China
139 total views, 1 views today