Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Doctoral Scholarship, United Arab Emirates
The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Scholarship encourages scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research towards informing policy making in the United Arab Emirates. The Scholarship is open to Ph.D. students from all nationalities studying at an accredited university in the UAE or abroad.
The Scholarship financially supports doctoral candidates in the research phase of their dissertation. In its initial phase, two awards are granted annually for applied research projects to be conducted in the UAE. The Scholarship covers all student expenses, including return airfares from the country of origin, accommodation in the UAE for the duration of research and a stipend to cover cost of living and assistance with the research.
The Scholarship provides the opportunity for distinguished university graduate researchers to utilize their potentials in providing cutting edge applied research.
Further, it fosters high quality research and develops the research capacity in the region whilst promoting cross-cultural exchange and cooperation between highly recognized universities world wide and national institutions in the UAE.
Applicants must be candidates for the doctoral degree at an accredited graduate institution wishing to participate in field research for their dissertation. Applicants may not be on probation, suspension or other provisional registration and must have English proficiency with a minimum score
The Scholarship is awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and relevance of research proposal. The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in education or a directly related field of study. The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation Directors and Advisory Board serve as the evaluation and selection committee.
In order to apply online, you will need the following documents:
- The latest available official transcript and transcripts of completed degrees
- A resume outlining educational background, work experience, co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- A copy of the approved research proposal or preliminary proposal
- A two page essay outlining the reason/s why the candidate is interested in the scholarships
- Two letters of reference that address the suitability of the candidate. One letter must be from the candidate’s doctoral advisor and the other should be from another academic and must indicate the nature of the relationship with the candidate and the length of time of the relationship
The application deadline for the 2011-2012 Doctoral Research Scholarship has now passed. We are currently accepting applications for the 2012-2013 academic year. Applications will be open until June 30, 2012.
For more information, please visit official website.
149 total views, 1 views today