[UK] Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships for International Students
Newcastle University and INTO Newcastle University invites applications for the Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships. The scholarships have been created to assist international fee-paying students, who need to complete a Foundation programme before enrolling on a Newcastle University undergraduate degree programme.
The scholarships are available to all international students applying for the following INTO Newcastle University Foundation pathways:
- Foundation pathway in Business and Management £11,490
- Foundation pathway in Humanities and Social Sciences £11,490
- Foundation pathway in Physical Sciences and Engineering £12,990
- Foundation pathway in Biological and Biomedical Sciences £12,990
The Foundation programme commences in September 2011 and January 2012. Successful completion of the appropriate Foundation pathway (subject to meeting specified grades for entry) guarantees students progression onto a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes at Newcastle University.
For full details of the degree programmes offered by Newcastle University, please visit www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate
- Course length: 2 Semesters (3 terms)
- Start date: 3rd October 2011 and 9th January 2012
- Tuition fee: From £11,490 – £12,990, depending on chosen Foundation pathway
- Contact hours: 21 hours per week
- Class size Maximum: 16 students
- Outcome: Successful completion leads to the award of Newcastle University
International Foundation Certificate and direct entry to Year 1 of a wide range of degree programmes at Newcastle University in September 2012.
10 awards in total – 6 scholarships available for the September intake, 4 scholarships available for the January intake.
- Business and Management pathway = September intake 1 award, January intake 1 award
- Humanities and Social Sciences pathway = September intake 1 award, January intake 1 award
- Physical Science and Engineering pathway = September intake 2 awards, January intake 1 award
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences pathway = September intake 2 awards, January intake 1 award
Who is eligible?
- All international fee-paying students.
- Students who have completed 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
- Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 for specified degree programmes.
- Students must be a minimum of 17 years old.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship worth half of their tuition fees which will be deducted from their INTO Foundation programme tuition fees.
Upon successful completion (and subject to achieving specified grades for entry), students entering degree programmes at Newcastle University will receive a further half of their Foundation tuition fees (which will be deducted from the University`s Year 1 tuition fees).
Value of award: From £11,490 – £12,990, depending on chosen Foundation pathway
Complete an INTO Newcastle University Academic Application form stating which Foundation programme you would like to apply for. The completed form should be returned to INTO Admissions along with copies of your academic transcripts and evidence of current English language level.
Complete a Newcastle University Foundation Scholarship application form including a personal statement explaining why you want to study at Newcastle University and how the degree programme will help you in the future. The statement must be typed in English and be no more than 200 words.
All scholarship applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2011 intake
For the September intake there will be two application deadlines.
The first deadline is Friday 1st July 2011. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered and the first 4 scholarships will be awarded. Successful candidates will be notified by Monday 4th July 2011. All other scholarships applications will be retained for further consideration.
The second deadline is Friday 5th August 2011. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered and the remaining 2 scholarships will be awarded. Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 12th August 2011.
January 2012 intake
The deadline for all applications is Friday 18th November 2011. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered, after which all 4 scholarships will be awarded. Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 25th November 2011.
Visit Official Website
139 total views, 1 views today
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3