Undegraduate (s1) Scholarhsip by Korean Government
2009 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students
Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria :
(1) Applicants should be a citizen of the country to which this scholarship program is offered. (including applicant`s parents). Applicants should not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
(2) Applicants should be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2009.
(3) Have an adequate health, both physically and mentally. Persons who are pregnant or having severe illness may not apply.
(4) Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle, high school outside of Korea as of March 1, 2009.
(5) Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended or have earned top 10% of G.P.A. among classmates.
(6) Not at any time have received a Korean government scholarship for his/her undergraduate study before.
(7) Not have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Korea before.
(8) Preferential selection for applicants who are good at Korean or English.
2. Scholarship Payment
(1) Scholarship Period, 1 year of Korean language course and 4 years of undergraduate degree Course
(2) Scholarship Benefits
Airplane ticket or airfare :
The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea, and, thereafter, when the grantees leave Korea after the completion of their study.
NIIED does not compensate fees for the domestic travel both in the grantee`s country and Korea.
Airfare for entry into Korea will not be provided to a grantee who already arrived and has been staying in Korea as of the confirmation date of selection of scholarship students.
Monthly Allowance : 800,000 won per month
Tuitions (an entrance fee and a registration fee) : The full entrance fee are exempted by the host institution. The full tuition is exempted by NIIED.
Settlement Allowance : 200,000 won upon arrival
Repatriation Allowance : 100,000 won upon completion of studies
Korean Language Training Expenses : The full costs up to 1 year (NIIED pays directly to the entrusted language training institution)
Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance during the period of their study program in Korea for major accidents and illnesses. (The medical fee will be reimbursed through the insurance company to the grantee after he/she pays first)
NIIED does not compensate fees for insurance of traveling to and from Korea.
Any grantee who gives up one`s study during the scholarship period will not receive airfare and allowance for repatriation except for the cases approved by NIIED such as severance of diplomatic relations, war or other natural disasters.
Any grantee who quits the program in 3 months after one`s entrance into Korea, should refund all scholarship fees(The airfare of arriving Korea, settlement allowance, monthly allowance, Korean language training expenses, etc.).
3. Submission of Required Documents
(1) Place of Submission: Documents must be submitted to the Korean Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin.
(2) Deadline of Submission: The date set by the Korean Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin.
(3) Documents to be submitted
-One completed application form (on the prescribed form)
-Two 4cm x 5cm color photos
-One Copy of a high school diploma
-One Copy of a high school grade transcript
-Two recommendation letters (from the applicant`s teacher or principle of the school, academic advisor or the relevant chief of the organization)
-One Self-introduction Essay (on the prescribed form)
-One NIIED Pledge (on the prescribed form)
-One Study Plan (on a prescribed form)
-One personal medical assessment (on a prescribed form)
-One Certificate of Health authorized by a doctor (only for those candidates who are filtered and recommended by Korean Embassy or Consulate)
-One copy of a certificate of Korean proficiency or English proficiency (only applicable to those who have, In 2 years after he/she took the test)
-The certificates of a citizenship of the applicant and one`s parents if the applicant is a Korean abroad.
Application form bisa didownload di website ini:
Informasi lebih lanjut bisa menghubungi:
1. Kedutaan Korea di Indonesia
Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto 57, Jakarta Timur
Telepon : (021) 520-1915
Fax : (021) 525-4159
2. The National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
Mailing Address : #205, Dongsung-dong 181,
Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-810, Republic of Korea
Website : http://yoohak.niied.go.kr Korean Government Scholarship Program FAQ
Phone : +82-2-3668-1355
Fax : +82-2-743-4992
136 total views, 2 views today