Berikut ini Universitasswasta.com menyajikan informasi tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] Fully funded fellowship opportunity – United Nations-Nippon Fellowship call for applications sebagai berikut:
Apologies for cross-posting and might be of interest.
The 9-month Fellowship Programme is composed of two consecutive phases which provide Fellows with advanced and customized research and training opportunities in their chose fields:
- Phase One: 6-month Advanced Academic Research and Study – undertaken at one of the prestigious participating Host Institutions and under the guidance of subject matter expert(s) who have recognized in-depth expertise in the Fellows’ chosen field of study.
- Phase Two: 3-month Research and Training – normally undertaken at DOALOS at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Candidates wishing to be considered for a Fellowship award must ensure that they meet all the following criteria:
– You must be between the ages of 25 and 40;
– You must have successfully completed a first university degree, and demonstrate a capacity to undertake independent advanced academic research and study;
– You must be a mid-level administrator from a national government organ of a developing coastal State, or another government related agency in such a State, which deals directly with ocean affairs issues, and your professional position must allow you to directly assist your nation in the formulation and/or implementation of policy in this area. This includes marine sciences and the science-policy linkage. Your “Nomination and Recommendation Form” should be completed by a Government official who can attest to the nature of your work with respect to the Government’s ocean affairs and law of the sea related activities, and indicate how an Award would directly contribute to these activities; and
– Your proposed research and study programme must contribute directly to your nation’s formulation and/or implementation of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies and programmes.
Satisfaction of the above criteria must be clearly demonstrated by the candidate through the application forms and confirmed by a nominating authority.
The Fellowship application package consists of the following three forms:
1. The Personal History and Proposed Research/Study Programme Form
(click to download in MS Word format)
This Form must be completed by the candidate, either typewritten or word processed. Each question must be answered clearly and completely in order to ensure that the application will be processed. While completing this form, candidates should pay particular attention to sections 18, 19 and 20. If necessary, candidates may attach no more than one additional page of the same size. Candidates should refer to the list of participating host institutions while completing sections 21 and 23.
–> Once this form is completed, it must be submitted by the candidate to the Nominating Authority along with:
–> Once completed, forward directly to DOALOS both the “Nomination and Recommendation Form” and the completed “Personal History and Proposed Research/Study Programme Form”.
3.United Nations Medical Clearance <--- note medical clearance process now in two stages
Obtaining medical clearance is a requirement of the awards process, and has been simplified into two distinct steps so as to reduce the burden on applicants all the while adhering to United Nations rules and regulations.
Candidates must complete and return along with the forms outlined in #1 and #2 above the following form:
The UN Medical Form (click to download in Adobe PDF format)
Note that at this stage of the process, candidates are no longer required to undergo a medical exam and to provide the extended medical forms and accompanying laboratory results and x-rays. This step will be required of the selected candidates within four (4) weeks of notification – their timely completion of this requirement will be a condition of the award.
Application Process Summary
Step 1: Candidate to complete “Personal History and Proposed Research/Study Programme Form” and forward it to Nominating Authority along with the “Nomination and Recommendation Form.”
Step 2: Nominating Authority to complete “Nomination and Recommendation Form” and forward it, along with completed “Personal History and Proposed Research/Study Programme Form,” to DOALOS (preferably through the State’s Mission to the United Nations in New York).
In parallel to Step 1 and 2: Candidate complete UN Medical Form and forward directly to DOALOS.
Complete applications must be received by DOALOS not later than [15 September 2012].
DOALOS reserves the right not to process incomplete and/or late submissions.
Advanced copies of applications may be faxed to DOALOS, however, in order for applications to be considered complete,
all originals and attachments must received by DOALOS by [15 September 2012].
Applications should be sent to:
The United Nations – The Nippon Foundation of Japan Fellowship Programme Advisor
Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea
Office of Legal Affairs
United Nations, Room DC2-0450
New York, N.Y. 10017, U.S.A.
The decision to Award a Fellowship is made by the Fellowship Selection Committee, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Technical Cooperation Agreement which establishes the Fellowship Programme, and guided by the “Fellowship Selection Criteria” applied by the United Nations System Organizations. 10 fellowships will be awarded per annum, and successful candidates will be notified by DOALOS. The results will also be posted on the Fellowship website.
Please note that Awards are conditional on the fulfillment of all Fellowship requirements including, inter alia, obtaining United Nations Medical Clearance, Host Institution Placement Confirmation, and the necessary Visa(s).
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] Fully funded fellowship opportunity – United Nations-Nippon Fellowship call for applications semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] Fully funded fellowship opportunity – United Nations-Nippon Fellowship call for applications ini bermanfaat.